- Leaked: Target Corporation’s anti-union employee training video, “Think Before You Sign.”
- Media Matters has compiled a long history of Fox News’ race-baiting and racially charged commentary.
- Eight delightful essays about positively awful travel experiences.
- A collaborative, online sketch with 1 million illustrators (you could be one of them).
- Your inner narcissist may wonder, “Does anything matter?” Well, some things do, and ethicist Peter Singer explains why.
- The jury has made its decision, reports ArtInfo, pole-dancing is not art.
- Fathers-to-be, kick back and pour a shot. Heck, it’s your “dadelor party.”
- Bucking the trends to downsize (or close altogether), the independent L.A. used bookseller the Last Bookstore just upgraded to a 10,000-square-foot downtown retail space. Recognize the bookshelves? They scavenged them from a defunct Borders megastore.
- Just when you thought companies had exhausted all advertising platforms, Gilette carves an ad on a strand of hair.
- Wired goes deeper into the comparison of basketball to jazz, explaining the mental labor that goes into inventing “beauty in real time.”
Not right, not left, but forward thinking, Utne Reader combs the alternative, independent, and digital press for thoughtful journalism, artful storytelling, and emerging ideas.